When our on-site educational programs canceled due to the COVID-19 outbreak, Crystal Cove Conservancy and Crystal Cove State Park launched new virtual explorations that you can take part in from home! These online education programs immerse science learners of all ages in exploring Crystal Cove’s diverse ecosystems.
Family Community Science
You might not be able to make it all the way to Crystal Cove State Park, but you can still explore it from home! During Summer 2020, Crystal Cove State Park moved their Junior Rangers program online, including crafts, Jr. Ranger videos, scavenger hunts, virtual hikes and more.
Now, you and your family can help with these different projects from home or a park near you!
- Family Community Science: Monitoring Mammals with Camera Traps
- Animal Evidence Virtual Jr. Ranger Program with Crystal Cove State Park
- Animal Field Guide & Identifying Animals Slideshow
- Family Community Science: Monitoring Tidepool Organisms with iNaturalist
- Tidepools Virtual Jr. Ranger Program with Crystal Cove State Park
- Tidepools Field Guide & Identifying Tidepool Species Slideshow
- Family Community Science: Plant Adaptations
- Animal Adaptations Virtual Jr. Ranger Program with Crystal Cove State Park
- Plant Field Guide & Identifying Plants Slideshow
- Family Community Science: Backyard Bird Monitoring
- Beautiful Birds Virtual Jr. Ranger Program with Crystal Cove State Park
- Bird Field Guide & Identifying Birds Slideshow
Join Crystal Cove Conservancy to explore the world of plein air art from home!
During this nine week course, you’ll learn how to think like a plein air artist as you practice breaking down a photo into a drawing or painting. The program is designed for all ages (even adults!). We’ve tried to design it so that even the most beginning artist can participate — even if the only tool that you have at home is a ballpoint pen or a marker.
To participate, all you need to do is find your favorite artistic tool and get started!
Wednesday sea glass wrapping in the Historic District’s Commons has been a popular activity at Crystal Cove for nearly a decade. Now, you can take part virtually from home!
Explore Crystal Cove State Park’s natural and cultural history from the safety of your home as you express your artistic side and add a splash of color to these scenes.
During this virtual environmental education program, K-5 scientists are invited to take part in our PYLYUSD summer program that takes place in Crystal Cove State Park from the comfort of their own classrooms!