Crystal Cove State Park has a rich art history spanning over 100 years. The tradition continues today, as artists trek down every year to paint our scenic cottages, iconic ocean-side bluffs, and relaxing sandy beaches, setting up their easels to paint en plein air— on site, in the open air.
Our Great Plein Air Art Experience art classes invite you to take part in this living history by spending a relaxing day capturing the beauty of the Cove on canvas with the help of Crystal Cove plein air artist, Debbie Morines! These four hour classes will take you through the process of creating your first plein air painting from beginning to end.
All supplies will be provided! Class size is limited to 12. Minimum age is 18. $120 per workshop; $100 for Crystal Cove Conservancy members. $15 Day Use fee per vehicle; free with State Parks annual pass. All classes are from 9AM to 2PM.
- Thursday, July 13 – SOLD OUT!
- Tuesday, July 18 – SOLD OUT!
- Thursday, July 20 – SOLD OUT!
- Tuesday, July 25 – SOLD OUT!
- Thursday, July 27 – SOLD OUT!
- Tuesday, August 1 – SOLD OUT
- Thursday, August 3 – SOLD OUT!
- Tuesday, August 8 – SOLD OUT!
- Thursday, August 10 – SOLD OUT!
- Tuesday, August 15 – SOLD OUT!
- Thursday, August 17 – SOLD OUT!
- Tuesday, August 22 – SOLD OUT!
- Thursday, August 24 – SOLD OUT!
- Tuesday, August 29 – SOLD OUT!
- Thursday, August 31 – SOLD OUT!
Art Class Cancellation Policy
Any cancellation or transfer requests must be received by Crystal Cove Conservancy at least 72 hours before the start of the event. No refunds or transfers will be issued for no-shows or for change requests received after this time. In the event of cancellation on behalf of Crystal Cove Conservancy due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances, Crystal Cove Conservancy will offer participants the choice of a refund or a transfer to a comparable event, if available.