Book Online and/or Phone:
ReserveCalifornia.com and/or 800.444.7275
Daily, reservations can be made online at ReserveCalifornia.com or by contacting the Contact Center: 800.444.72758 – seven days a week from 8 am until 6 pm, PST. (Except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years’ Day)
Beginning August 1, 2017 the new reservation system will have moved from a block or on-sale day at the first of each month to a new, daily rolling window reservation system.
With the daily rolling window you may reserve cottages six months, to the day, in advance each day from the current date for the corresponding date six months in the future. Cottages inventory will become available each day six months in advance.
Bookings may extend from the arrival date to the desired departure date – based on availability and a maximum number of stays not to exceed seven calendar days per year.
For example, on September 1, 2017 you are able to reserve a cottage beginning March 1, 2018 up to a maximum of seven consecutive calendar days per year – example, the reservation could extend from March 1, 2018 through March 7, 2018.
If you make a reservation on:
- September 1, 2017 – you can make a reservation with an arrival date of March 1, 2018.
- September 2, 2017 – you can make a reservation with an arrival date of March 2, 2018.
- September 3, 2017 – you can make a reservation with an arrival date of March 3, 2018.
… and so forth throughout the month.
Cancellations/modifications are processed at:
ReserveCalifornia.com and/or 800.444.7275
- You must create a new profile at ReserveCalifornia.com prior to reserving a cottage.
- Prior to reserving a cottage, we highly recommend that you visit and familiarize yourself with the Individual Cottages & Dorm-style, Private Rooms at our website CrystalCove.org – as detailed information regarding each cottage is not currently available on ReserveCalifornia website.
- Also, you may review FAQ, Guest Info, Rental Policies & Procedures and Crystal Cove State Park Historic District information.
Yes, you’re most welcome to personally ‘walk-in’ on any given day and inquire, starting at 11am sharp, (Check-Out time) about ‘same day’ availability/vacancy.
NEWS RELEASE : CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF PARKS AND RECREATION
State Parks Makes It Easier to Reserve Camping and Lodging Sites with a New Rolling Window Reservation Service
The California Department of Parks and Recreation (State Parks) announced today that beginning Aug. 1, 2017 the reservation system will move from a block or on-sale day reservation period to a rolling window. Visitors will be able to reserve campsites and lodging six months in advance from the current date. Bookings may extend from the arrival date to the desired departure date – based on availability and the park’s maximum stay rules.
The rolling window for booking reservations, is a feature of the Golden State’s new state park reservation system, ReserveCalifornia™ going live Aug. 1, 2017. ReserveCalifornia™ will provide more user-friendly web services and greater accessibility to more visitors for the highly sought-after camping and lodging locations. A variety of features, such as interactive maps with more detailed views of campsites and self-service online options, will be phased in between the go-live date and Mar. 1, 2018, allowing for better trip planning and access to outdoor public spaces.
All reservations made through Reserve America (the current reservation system) between now and July 26, 2017, will be transferred to ReserveCalifornia™ and accessible to visitors on Aug. 1. An electronic or hard copy reservation from Reserve America will need to be presented to State Parks staff when checking in for reservations made prior to July 26, 2017.
ReserveCalifornia™ is easy-to-use and similar to booking hotels, airline tickets and other similar services. It is also similar to the booking window for facilities in the National Park Service.
Below are important dates and features related to the new reservation system, and more information on the rolling window for making reservations:
July 26, 2017 beginning at midnight
Website and telephone reservations for California’s state parks will be temporarily offline to prepare for the exciting launch of the new system on Aug. 1. During this time, all existing reservations will be honored.
Aug. 1, 2017
- ReserveCalifornia™ goes live!
- Reservations can be made online at www.ReserveCalifornia.com or by contacting the Contact Center 800.444.7275, PST.
- Customer accounts from Reserve America will not transfer to the new system. Starting Aug. 1, visitors will be able to create a new profile on ReserveCalifornia™.
- Rolling window for booking camping and lodging reservations:
- Visitors will be able to reserve campsites and lodging six months from the current date. Camping and lodging inventory will become available each day for a period of six months in advance. Bookings may extend from the arrival date to the desired departure date – based on availability and the park’s maximum stay rules.
- For example, on Aug. 1 a visitor will be able to reserve a campsite beginning Feb. 1, 2018 through as many consecutive days as the park allows. The reservation could extend from Feb. 1, 2018 through Feb. 14, 2018 if the park allows a 14-day stay. The rolling window adjusts for months longer or shorter than 30 days.
|If you make a reservation on:||You can make reservations with an arrival date of:|
|August 1, 2017||February 1, 2018|
|August 2, 2017||February 2, 2018|
|August 3, 2017||February 3, 2018|
Other new features we are working to bring you by March 2018
- Ability to view your reservations in real-time.
- More payment options at locations currently accepting only cash and checks.
- Additional trip information to make it easier for you to plan your visits.
- More campsites available for online reservation. An additional 41 state parks will be added to the new service. These units will be added incrementally through 2018. Currently, visitors are able to book at 110 parks.
Reservations for state park units have been handled for the past decade by Reserve America. The department is grateful for the service of this vendor and appreciates their continued support during this transition period. Through July 26, 2017, visitors may continue to make reservations through ReserveAmerica.com.
In the last two years, State Parks has strengthened policies, procedures, guidelines, and organizational structures to support a sustainable entrepreneurial, service-oriented, creative and collaborative culture. Part of this effort included awarding a new comprehensive reservation system contract to Conduent to support field operations and enhance the experience of visitors with a modern platform.
California’s Department of Parks and Recreation protects and preserves the state’s most significant natural and cultural resources while delivering public spaces to bring families and friends together and providing a wide array of recreational opportunities for the benefit and enjoyment of all people. Off-highway motor vehicle recreation, boating activities, horseback riding, on and off-road cycling, hiking, camping, and rock climbing are some of the recreational activities enjoyed in 280 state parks organized into 22 field districts throughout the state.
For more information on the new reservation system, such as FAQs or to subscribe for updates, please visit www.ReserveCalifornia.com. Do not forget to tag us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram – #CAStateParks and #InventYourAdventure.