Crystal Cove Conservancy’s Teacher Learning Community is a professional community of motivated and enthusiastic educators who participate in The Conservancy’s educational programs and are interested in collaborating and sharing knowledge with each other. Normally, TLC members receive access to field trip scholarships and in-person professional development.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Crystal Cove Conservancy has moved all of our programs and professional development workshops online for the 2020-2021 school year! All of our programs and workshops are offered at no-cost to teachers and other science educators who want to learn more about best practices in STEM education and strategies to integrate our educational programs.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Holly Fletcher, Education Manager, by emailing email@example.com!
Are you a teacher, homeschool educator, or parent who wants to get your learners involved in real research at Crystal Cove State Park? Join an introductory webinar to find out more about our STEM education programs!
These half-hour presentations will introduce you to our programs, give you the basics on how to get involved, and answer your questions. Visit the links below to register!
- December 2, 2020, 3:00 – 3:30pm – Elementary School STEM Programs Overview
- December 7, 2020, 4:00 – 4:30pm – Middle and High School STEM Programs Overview
- January 6, 2021, 3:00 – 3:30pm – Elementary School STEM Programs Overview
- January 7, 2021, 4:00 – 4:30pm – Middle and High School STEM Programs Overview
Professional Development Sessions
Want to get your learners involved in one of our programs? Join us for a free professional development session to learn about how to run the program with your class or homeschool group. Visit the links below to register!
- December 3, 2020, 3:00 – 4:00pm – Explore at Home Investigations
- December 8, 2020, 4:00 – 5:00pm – Data Visualization for Community Science Projects
- December 9, 2020, 3:00 – 4:30pm – Welcome to Project Crystal
- December 10, 2020, 4:00 – 5:30pm – MPA Science Exploration
- January 12, 2021, 3:00 – 4:30pm – Welcome to Project Crystal
- January 13, 2021, 4:00 – 5:30pm – MPA Science Exploration
- January 26, 2021, 3:00 – 4:00pm – Data Analysis for Project Crystal
- February 16, 2021, 4:00 – 5:30pm – MPA Science Exploration
- February 24, 2021 3:00 – 4:00pm – Data Analysis for Project Crystal