Crystal Cove Conservancy’s Teacher Learning Community is a professional community of motivated, enthusiastic fifth grade, junior high school, and high school teachers who participate in The Conservancy’s field trips and are interested in collaborating and sharing knowledge with each other. Spaces in the Teacher Learning Community are limited, and members must meet commitments to be re-admitted the following year.
As an accepted member of The Conservancy’s Teacher Learning Community, you will receive access to:
- A $250 scholarship towards your field trip program (for instance, $250 towards the Marine Protected Area Science Cruise);
- Professional development opportunities and workshops;
- Online resources, such as training modules and classroom-tested lesson plans;
- Additional scholarship funding, particularly for underserved public schools.
By becoming a member, you commit to:
- Attending a professional development workshop before your program;
- Submitting one new or revised lesson plan relevant to your program that can be added to the Teacher Learning Community’s online library;
- Having your students participate in pre- and post-program assessments.
Applications for The Conservancy’s Teacher Learning Community for the 2018-2019 school year will be posted by August 1, 2018! If you have questions, feel free to contact Holly Fletcher, Education Manager, by emailing email@example.com.