Sediment Monitoring Project
Set Up Your Field Notebook
- Turn to a new page in your field notebook, and at the top record three pieces of information about the data collection event: Your name, today’s date, the date that the data was collected or filmed, and the transect ID.
- Your name
- Today’s date
- The date that the data was collected or filmed
- Draw a table with two columns and three rows. Label the rows as follows:
- Row 1: Sediment Size
- Row 2: Sediment Classification
- Row 3: Sediment Shape
- Row 4: Sediment Composition
- Sediment Chart (coming soon)
- Sediment Field Guide (coming soon)
- Sediment Monitoring Google Form
Recording the Data
- Play the video below to collect data on sediment composition, classification, and shape.
- Use the sediment chart to help you reference your data!
- Watch the slideshow to collect data on sediment size.
- Record the data in the Sediment Monitoring Project Google Form.
Sediment Composition, Classification, & Shape (3/14/21)
Sediment Size (3/24/21)
Submitting Your Data
While you are viewing the video, use our Sediment Monitoring Google Form to submit your data. If you would like to continue contributing and submit data for data collected on a different day, feel free to go to our list of past data collection days.