How do I make a reservation to stay at Crystal Cove Beach Cottages?
Book Online and/or Phone:
ReserveCalifornia.com and/or 800.444.7275
Daily, reservations can be made online at ReserveCalifornia.com or by calling 800.444.72758 – seven days a week from 8 am until 6 pm, PST. (Except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years’ Day)
Beginning August 1, 2017 the new reservation system will have moved from a block or on-sale day at the first of each month to a new, daily rolling window reservation system.
With the daily rolling window every day you have the opportunity to reserve a cottage six months in the future from the current day. Cottages inventory will become available each day six months in advance.
Bookings may extend from the arrival date to the desired departure date – based on availability and a maximum number of stays not to exceed seven calendar days per year.
For example, on September 1, 2017 you are able to reserve a cottage beginning March 1, 2018 up to a maximum of seven consecutive calendar days per year – example, the reservation could extend from March 1, 2018 through March 7, 2018.
If you make a reservation on:
- September 1, 2017 – you can make a reservation with an arrival date of March 1, 2018.
- September 2, 2017 – you can make a reservation with an arrival date of March 2, 2018.
- September 3, 2017 – you can make a reservation with an arrival date of March 3, 2018.
And so forth throughout the month.
Alternate booking option: Scroll through the existing months of reservations, search and book date(s) displaying availability due to cancellations.
are processed at:
ReserveCalifornia.com and/or 800.444.7275
Note: You must create a new profile at ReserveCalifornia.com prior to reserving a cottage. Prior to reserving a cottage, we recommend that you visit and familiarize yourself with the individual cottages and dorm-style, private rooms at CrystalCove.org. As well, please review FAQ, guest info, rental policies & procedures and Crystal Cove State Park Historic District information.
Yes, you’re most welcome to personally ‘walk-in’ on any given day and inquire, starting at 11am sharp, (Check-Out time) about ‘same day’ availability/vacancy.
What are the rates for cottage rentals?
The average rate per Individual Cottage, is only $222 per night – the range of rates are from $179 to $251. Maximum occupancy allowed per cottage varies from 4 to 9 persons.
Dorm-Style, Private Room Cottage average is only $64 – the range of rates are from $36 to $108. Maximum occupancy allowed per cottage varies from 2 to 6 persons.
For rates and occupancy limits see CrystalCove.org.
Am I able to cook during my stay at Crystal Cove Beach Cottages?
All cottages have a microwave and refrigerator; and, several ADA Disabled units have a small electric cook top, as well. Disposable paper plates, napkins, paper towels & basic utensils are supplied.
Note: It’s suggested that you bring any favorite utensils such as knives, can openers, containers, bowls, etc. & coffee mugs. Moreover, coffees & coffee carafes are available in the Reception Office all day for your enjoyment in the cottages.
Will I be able to barbecue at the cottages if I am an overnight guest at Crystal Cove Beach Cottages?
Open flames are prohibited in the entire Crystal Cove State Park Historic District. This includes charcoal and wood burning barbeques, tiki torches, candles, smoking, and other open flames. However, self-contained gas canister type barbeques are permitted on the beach and at designated locations at each cottage.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in all cottages – violations will be charged damage fees.
Are pets allowed at the Crystal Cove State Park Historic District?
Dogs on leashes, are only allowed on the common roads and pedestrian pathways within the park and Historic District. No pets are allowed in the cottages or on the beach with the exception of qualified ADA Service Animals (dogs) as recognized by Department of Justice ADA law, Titles II & III.
What are Dorm~Style, Private Cottage Room cottages?
Cottages #29A,B, #38how long does prednisone take to work,B,prednisone for asthma,prednisone dose pack & E and #39A,B & C have been designated as Dorm-Style, Private Room Cottages. These lodgings include individually secured private bedrooms that share a common living area, kitchen, patio areas and bathrooms. Like the Individual Cottages, the Dorm-Style, Private Room Cottages have been decorated with period appropriate colors and furnishings to preserve Crystal Cove’s unique historical ambiance.
For Dorm-Style Rooms, linens and towels will be furnished on bed tops upon arrival. It will be the guests’ responsibility to make their own beds. Towels are not replaced during your stay.
Also, in Dorm-Style cottages, common areas and Kitchens feature a microwave, refrigerator, disposable paper plates, napkins, paper towels and basic utensils.
In addition, several ADA Disabled cottages include a small electric cooktop.
Alcohol possession is prohibited in all Dorm~Style, Private Room Cottages.
How many nights can I stay at the Cottages? Is there a limit?
According to State Parks policy, you can reserve up to seven (7) nights per ‘rolling calendar year.’ These can be reserved in one 7-night block or split between multiple stays.
What amenities are provided at Crystal Cove Beach Cottages?
Every Individual and Dorm-Style Cottage has been renovated to match its 1935 to 1955 condition. Every cottage has been carefully restored with modern electricity, plumbing, and safety features, while at the same time preserving every original detail possible. The historic cottages are fully furnished with vintage furniture and accessories.
Housekeeping service is limited. For Individual Cottages, beds will be made with towels and soap placed in bathrooms. No daily service will be provided except for trash removal. After 4 days, towels will be replaced upon request. For Dorm~Style Private Rooms, linens and towels will be furnished on bed tops upon arrival. It will be the guests’ responsibility to make their own beds. Towels are not replaced during your stay.
There are no laundry facilities on the premises. No beach towels will be furnished, but they along with chairs and umbrellas, will be available during the season on the beach for a nominal fee.
There are no televisions, phones or wifi in the cottages.
All cottages have kitchens and bathrooms. Kitchens feature a microwave, refrigerator and disposable paper plates, napkins, paper towels and basic utensils; and, several ADA Disabled cottages include a small cook top. Cottages do not have working kitchen stoves.
Complimentary coffees and tea will be available at the reception office each morning starting at 7am. Smoking is prohibited in and around all cottages, and alcohol possession is prohibited in all Dorm-Style Cottages. For information about Crystal Cove Beach Cottages’ accommodations & amenities, please review our Guest Information section at CrystalCove.org.
What are the Check-In and Check-Out times?
Check-In is after 4:00 pm and ends at 9:00 pm; and, Check-Out is any time prior to 11:00 am. Sorry, late Check-Outs are not allowed and strictly monitored.
What is the cancellation/modification policy at Crystal Cove Beach Cottages?
Cancellations/modifications are processed at: ReserveCalifornia.com and/or 800.444.7275
- The $7.99 reservation fee is non-refundable.
- If you cancel a reservation, a cancellation fee of $7.99 will be assessed per reservation.
- Cancellations/modifications can be done online or by calling the Contact Center, 800-444-7275.
- Guest will be charged a $7.99 cancellation fee if reservation is cancelled before 5:00 pm the day before arrival and shall forfeit the $7.99 reservation fee. If reservation is cancelled after 5:00 pm the day before arrival, guest will forfeit the unit fee for one night’s room rate and the $7.99 reservation fee.
- EARLY OUT POLICY: In-house Early Out Cancellation Policy: Guests may cancel any remaining nights at the Front Desk no less than 24 hours prior to the 11 am check-out time of the requested day of departure to avoid a one nights’ room charge. If applicable the one night’s room charge will be deducted from any refund you may be due.
- NO SHOW POLICY: Your reserved cottage or dorm-style, private room will be held for you until 12:00 NOON the day after your expected arrival date. If you have not notified Crystal Cove Beach Cottages at CottagesInfo@CrystalCove.org before that time, you will be considered a “no show” and your reservation will be cancelled. Guest will forfeit their $7.99 reservation fee and one night’s room charge.
- MODIFICATION POLICY: If you need to change your arrival/departure date you must call ReserveCalifornia
at 800.444.7275 by 5:00 PM the day before your arrival date. Customer will be charged an $7.99 change fee per reservation for change in dates, sites, parks, extending or shortening stay requested at the Contact Center.
Please retain your confirmation letter until you have received your refund or your charge card has been credited. Allow at least 30 days to receive your refund.
- For other alternative lodging or camping, please check the park specific cancellation Policies on ReserveCalifomia’s website under Alerts and Important Information, Site Alerts, and confirmation letter. Cancellation policies vary from park to park. Big Basin Tent Cabin, Clear Lake Cabin, Columbia Hotels and Cottages, McArthur Burney Cabin and Samuel P. Taylor Cabin reservation holders will forfeit the first night fees when cancelling 6 or fewer days prior to arrival.