Registration/ Arrival Requirements
No guest vehicles can park in the Historic District, except those with valid Disabled Parking Placards.
Each registration includes guest parking for two vehicles. The parking area is in the Los Trancos Parking Lot, located across PCH from the Historic District, about a 5 minute walk from the cottages.
Note: Entry into and through the park’s main gates (both to the Historic District and Los Trancos Parking) close daily from 10pm until 6am. All vehicle entry and parking as well as all accessibility for check-in and registration is restricted during this time.
The person named on the reservation must be present and provide a reservation voucher or confirmation number as well as a valid photo ID. Approved verification of identity must be provided no later than 24 hours after check-in by fax or in-person, or guests face eviction by State of California Parks law enforcement officers.
Disabled guests MUST provide appropriate identification and a valid DMV Disabled Parking Placard or they will not be admitted onto the property and no refund will be provided.
Check-In and Parking
Check-in time: 4:00pm-9:00pm
To get to the Check-In Office: After entering the park, at the kiosk, follow the signage and park in the 15-minute check-in/check-out lot. The person named on the reservation must be present and must provide valid identification at time of check-in.
Courtesy shuttles are available to take you and your belongings to your cottage and back to the check-in lot to transfer your vehicle to the Los Trancos Parking Lot, across Pacific Coast Highway from the Historic District.
Except those with valid DMV Disabled Parking Placards, no guest vehicles are allowed to park in the Historic District.
Additional paid day-use parking ($15 per vehicle) is available at the kiosk for access to Los Trancos parking lot across Pacific Coast Highway from the Historic District.
No guest vehicle parking is allowed in the Historic District except those vehicles with valid DMV ADA Disabled placards.
Check-out time: 11am – Late check-outs are not allowed and strictly monitored.
Upon check-out the mandatory City of Newport Beach Uniform Transient Occupancy Tax of 10% will be charged.
7:00am – 10:00pm
10:00pm – 8:00am
Reservations require full payment in advance through ReserveCalifornia. Upon arrival, guests will be required to provide a credit card, for authorization only (not a charge), serving as a deposit for keys, flashlights and occupancy tax.
A $50 per key and flashlight charge will be assessed if lost.
The nightly rate is based on the maximum allowable occupancy of people for an individual cottage or dorm-style, private room cottages.
The person named on the reservation must be present and must provide valid photo ID at the time of check in. Names of all occupants, both adults and children 4 years or older, staying in the unit must be provided at check-in.
Occupancy limits will be strictly enforced and any party that falsely represents the total number of guests or exceeds maximum interior or exterior occupancy limits in any unit may be subject to immediate eviction without refund by Crystal Cove State Park law enforcement officers.
Non-registered guests and visitors MUST vacate state park, including all cottages and their decks by 10:00pm each day.
Cancellations/modifications are processed at: ReserveCalifornia.com and/or 800.444.7275
- The $7.99 reservation fee is non-refundable.
- If you cancel a reservation, a cancellation fee of $7.99 will be assessed per reservation.
- Cancellations/modifications can be done online or by calling the Contact Center, 800-444-7275.
- Guest will be charged a $7.99 cancellation fee if reservation is cancelled before 5:00 pm the day before arrival and shall forfeit the $7.99 reservation fee. If reservation is cancelled after 5:00 pm the day before arrival, guest will forfeit the unit fee for one night’s room rate and the $7.99 reservation fee.
- EARLY OUT POLICY: In-house Early Out Cancellation Policy: Guests may cancel any remaining nights at the Front Desk no less than 24 hours prior to the 11 am check-out time of the requested day of departure to avoid a one nights’ room charge. If applicable the one night’s room charge will be deducted from any refund you may be due.
- NO SHOW POLICY: Your reserved cottage or dorm-style, private room will be held for you until 12:00 NOON the day after your expected arrival date. If you have not notified Crystal Cove Beach Cottages at CottagesInfo@CrystalCove.org before that time, you will be considered a “no show” and your reservation will be cancelled. Guest will forfeit their $7.99 reservation fee and one night’s room charge.
- MODIFICATION POLICY: If you need to change your arrival/departure date you must call ReserveCalifornia at 800.444.7275 by 5:00 PM the day before your arrival date. Customer will be charged an $7.99 change fee per reservation for change in dates, sites, parks, extending or shortening stay requested at the Contact Center.
Please retain your confirmation letter until you have received your refund or your charge card has been credited. Allow at least 30 days to receive your refund.
- For other alternative lodging or camping, please check the park specific cancellation Policies on ReserveCalifomia’s website under Alerts and Important Information, Site Alerts, and confirmation letter. Cancellation policies vary from park to park. Big Basin Tent Cabin, Clear Lake Cabin, Columbia Hotels and Cottages, McArthur Burney Cabin and Samuel P. Taylor Cabin reservation holders will forfeit the first night fees when cancelling 6 or fewer days prior to arrival.